A thin-style crispy, chewy crust. Don't be intimidated to make your own pizza dough, this dough is so easy to handle it's perfect for beginners.
Recipe type: Breads
A thin-style crispy, chewy crust. Don’t be intimidated to make your own pizza dough, this dough is so easy to handle it’s perfect for beginners.
- 3/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 cups (or more) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pour 3/4 cup warm water into small bowl; stir in yeast. Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil. Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil; process until dough forms a sticky ball. Transfer to lightly floured surface. KNEAD dough until smooth, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if dough is very sticky, about 1 minute. Transfer to prepared bowl; turn dough in bowl to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. PUNCH down dough. Place onto a lightly floured surface and gently roll out dough, using a rolling pin.