Cozy Corn Bread
Get the Recipe: Cozy Corn Bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sweet creamed corn
- 1 1/2 cups coarse cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place rack on the center shelf.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Whisk together milk, buttermilk, eggs, and creamed corn in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, thyme, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in egg mixture.
- Pour batter into skillet and smooth out the top. Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.