Creamy Chicken Korma
Get the Recipe: Creamy Chicken Korma
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a 10-12 inch frying pan adding chopped onions and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on a medium heat until the onions are slightly golden. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the salt, turmeric and ground cumin.
- Turn up the heat and further cook for another 1 minute then add the chicken. It is very crucial that spices are mixed within the pan at this point and stirred to ensure that the chicken cooks with texture and flavor. Add stock after stirring the chicken into the spices. Turn down the heat slightly and stir in the garam masala and cream cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with green cilantro.