Moroccan Lamb Stew
Get the Recipe: Moroccan Lamb Stew
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound lamb, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Heat oil in a tagine or Dutch oven over high heat. Add lamb and sear until all sides are brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove lamb from pan and set aside. Add onion to pan and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spices, garlic, tomato paste, and honey and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Return lamb to pan and add apricots and chicken stock; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until lamb is tender, stirring occasionally.