Winter Vegetable Soup
Get the Recipe: Winter Vegetable Soup
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Saute carrots, celery, and onion in oil and butter until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chicken stock, tomatoes, kidney beans, chickpeas, zucchini, thyme, and oregano, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and drizzle with a little olive oil (optional).