Butternut Squash Soup
Get the Recipe: Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon All-spice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain sour cream
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion; cook 2 minutes. Add squash. Add broth and spice; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until squash is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Puree in batches in blender until smooth. Return to same pan. Whisk in honey and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with sour cream and serve.