Chicken Noodle Soup
Get the Recipe: Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and cut into thin slices
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 quarts chicken stock, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley , minced, for garnish
- White pepper
- Place a large pot over medium heat and coat with oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are translucent.
- Pour in chicken stock and tomato paste, and bring the stock to a simmer. Add the noodles and simmer for 5 minutes until tender. Add the chicken and peas, and continue to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes to heat through; season with salt and white pepper. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.