Vegetable and Bean Chili
Get the Recipe: Vegetable and Bean Chili
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 zucchinis, chopped
- 2 28 oz cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 15 ounces kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 limes, cut into wedges
- In a Dutch oven, cook onions and peppers in oil until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, stock, beans, and jalapeño.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over the chili for brightness.